The objective of this spoken English exercise is to habituate our tongues to pronounce difficult and same sounding words easily. For example the difference in sounds of "sa" and "sha" in "same" and "shame". It helps in getting our mouths properly stretched while speaking words.
Spoken English Exercise Requirement
- Get some good tongue twisters.(You may just search Google for tongue twisters).
- I have provided some of them below.
- Make sure that you pronounce the twisters slowly. Once comfortable, then you may speed up.
- Practice them for a good command on the language and pronunciation
- If possible, then make sure that some one good in English listens to the pronunciation.
Some Popular Tongue Twisters for Spoken English Enhancement
- She sells sea shells by the sea shore.
- Purple, paper, people.
Purple, people, paper
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
Did Peter Piper pick a peck of pickled peppers?
If Peter Piper Picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
- Benny bought a bit of butter but the butter was so bitter so she bought a better butter to make the bitter butter better.
- Which witch wished which wicked wish?
- If you understand say,"understand".
If you don't understand say,"don't understand".
But if you say don't understand even if you understand,How will i understand that you understands?Understand?
Other articles that might be of interest:-
- Spoken English Exercises-2
- Find the Word Exercise
- Spoken English Exercise to Share Your Thoughts
- Group Discussion Exercise
That's all for now folks from Improve Spoken English. Keep practicing and improving your spoken English skills.