Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mind your Language

I would like to stress about a television show which I discussed in my previous post for watching English programs on Television. The name of the show is Mind Your Language. It is an excellent comedy show, which shows the humorous part of English. The show which is directed by Stuart Allen is a must watch for all the English learners. In-fact I myself was shown videos of this show when I had joined a Communication Skills improvement course. Then I cam to know that the videos of this show are actually used in professional ESL classes.

There has been many remakes of the show in various countries like Zaban Sambhal Ke in India and Pakistan, Second Chance! in Nigeria, etc. The show Zaban Sambhal Ke which was shown in India has Pankaj Kapoor as the professor. Anyhow the program Mind your Language is a great show in itself.

The main part of the program are students from various countries around the world coming together to a school in London for learning English. All the students are adults and they have their own accents.  It is very funny to watch as all the students misinterpret the words spoken by Mr. Brown who is the professor of the class. I loved the way Mr. Broken speak. His spoken English is just marvelous. I myself try to impersonate him many times while speaking. Though it had a British accent, I will suggest that all of us should try of neutral accent. Neutral accent is the best because it is easily understood in any part of the world.

The show was composed of four series which were aired between 1977 to 1986. Though the repeat telecast is still done on few English channels. That's why I stress on viewing English channels for improving fluency and Communication skills.

All I would suggest that try to get videos of this show from the internet and enjoy the learning process. I will myself in my coming posts try to embed some videos of this show so to facilitate the learning process of English. Go ahead and check the way Mr. Brown speaks and you will get really quality English.

That's all for today, Improve spoken English will soon be back.

Main Page

1 comment:

  1. really nice information. neutral accent is helpful for ESL students. helping you more.. www.neutralaccent.com

    ReplyDelete